Oct 8, 2014
More than 100 panels and guests announced for PAX Aus 2014!
Wednesday 8 October, 2014 – The Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) returns to Australia in October 2014, and has now revealed the full schedule of panels, tournaments and guests. With an increase in capacity by almost 40% thanks to the event now taking place at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, this year’s PAX Aus will feature more than 100 panels across 6 massive theatres, featuring everything from Q&A’s, game demonstrations, quiz shows, cultural discussions, how-to lessons, concerts and more! Tickets are still available to purchase via this link.
The full schedule can be viewed online here.
The maps and exhibitor listings can be viewed online here.
A selection of some of the fantastic panels you can expect at the show:
- ‘Storytime with Pete Hines’: Join PAX Aus 2014 keynote speaker Pete Hines, the Vice President of PR & Marketing at Bethesda Softworks, as he talks about his 15 years working on franchises such as The Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Wolfenstein. He’s done everything from writing manuals to playtesting games to serving as the company’s chief spokesman, and he’s sure to have some unique stories to tell!
- ‘A Chat with Chris Roberts: The Original Wing Commander’: A round table chat with Chris about everything from the early Mark Hamill days all the way through to the most successful crowd funded game of all time.
- ‘Media Molecule – Ask Us (Almost) Anything’: Media Molecule are responsible for creating Little Big Planet and Tearaway. Join studio director Siobhan Reddy and her team, along with ABC TV’s Good Game host Gus “Goose” Ronald as they explore Mm’s rationale to game design and building communities of like-minded gamers.
- ‘Why Watch When You Can Play?’ – Bajo and Hex from ABC’s Good Game are joined on stage by film critic and presenter Marc Fennell and special guests to discuss how gaming has led to the rise of Twitch and YouTube celebrities. They’ll be offering tips from successful broadcasters, so that you too can build an audience!
- ‘Political Proactivism for Geeks’: What’s in store for the games development industry in Australia? Where are we headed? This panel invites key members of Australia’s political parties to weigh in on recent cuts and changes to Australia’s funding of games development.
- ‘Magic: The Gathering with Aaron Forsythe (Director, MTG R&D)’ – Be among the first gamers in the world to see what’s coming up in the world’s best strategy trading card game, Magic: The Gathering! Join special guest Aaron Forsythe (Director of R&D for Magic: The Gathering) in person as he showcases upcoming products, events and even a preview or two.
PAX Australia will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from 31 October to 2 November, 2014 and is organised by ReedPOP in conjunction with Penny Arcade.
Friday, Sunday and 3 Day International Tickets are still available and can be purchased only through the PAX Aus website: www.paxaustralia.com.au/registration.
Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com) is a web comic focused on video games and video game culture, written by Jerry Holkins and illustrated by Mike Krahulik. With over 3.5 million readers, it is the most popular and longest running gaming web comic online. Penny Arcade is also responsible for the Child’s Play Charity, the Penny Arcade gaming expos (PAX) in Seattle, Boston, San Antonio and Melbourne, multiple videogames based on the brand, and multiple online video series.
PAX or Penny Arcade Expo (http://www.paxsite.com) is a festival for gamers to celebrate gaming culture. First held in Seattle in 2004, PAX has nearly doubled in size each successive year, with PAX Prime 2013 selling out of tickets in a matter of minutes. Connecting the world’s leading game publishers with their most avid and influential fans, PAX expanded with a second show in Boston in 2010 making it the largest & second largest gaming show in the U.S, with a third US show in San Antonio to take place in 2015. The first international PAX was announced to be held in Melbourne, Australia in 2013.
FOR MEDIA ENQUIRIES CONTACT
REBOOT PR – Managing Director
Mobile: +61 424 644 518
FOR ALL OTHER ENQUIRIES CONTACT
Guy ‘Yug’ Blomberg
PAX AUSTRALIA – Content & Community Manager
Mobile: +61 417 084 821